|Art & Personality test from the BBC
||[Jun. 15th, 2009|09:12 am]
Your favourite type of art is Japanese ukiyo-e. (They didn't have any waterhouse style paintings, mind you. only Impressionism, Abstract, Japanese art, Islamic art, Northern Renaissance, Cubism)
In the personality profile you had a high agreeableness score, which suggests you are keen to understand others’ feelings and put people at ease.
People who are the same age and sex as you are most likely to prefer Impressionism
People who also score highly in your dominant personality trait are most likely to prefer Impressionism
(I am open to new experiences but i also like realistic paintings of nature or people, not vases of flowers or anything boring like that. Also, modern/abstract art drives me crazy, but i'm an abstract thinker and can easily grasp abstract concepts (probably why i like order and beauty in my art?). I'm an extravert, but i prefer certain scenes in reality better than splatters on a canvas (Pollack is my arch nemesis.) my agreeability & concientiousness scores/results are right, though)
- People who prefer abstract art tend to be more conservative, dogmatic, and are often sensation seekers.
- People who are open to new experiences are less likely to enjoy looking at realistic paintings. They seek something more atypical and challenging.
- People with low emotional stability tend to prefer abstract and pop-art paintings.
- People who score high in agreeableness like paintings and tend to dislike forms like pop-art.
- People who like representational paintings may also be more conscientious than average.
- Extraverts prefer works by artists who don't attempt to paint reality.
( my resultsCollapse )
Test is here.